In the unfortunate case that disaster strikes, time is of the essence. A huge 90% of SMS are read within 3 minutes of delivery which makes SMS the number one communication tool to distribute an urgent message 'en masse'.
Our platform has been specially designed to seamlessly deploy SMS to large groups of people making it an intuitive solution for schools, universities, government organisations and emergency services that need to distribute bulk SMS urgently and reliably. SMSGlobal has had extensive experience implementing SMS solutions within the emergency field including working alongside Australia's most experienced early warning system, EWN to send emergency alerts via SMS for residents of councils, customers and employees of EWN partners in their respective postcodes.
Other ways SMS have been used within the emergency sector include:
- Time critical alerts and notifications
- Evacuation orders and instructions
- Inbound emergency alert system, whereby users send an SMS into a Dedicated Number, with reports and updates on an emergency situation
- Emergency rostering and resource allocation
- Severe weather warnings
- Missing persons registers
- Community awareness of activities within the emergency sector
- Events coordination (fundraisers, volunteers)
- Health alerts and warnings
If you need an SMS deployed straight away, be sure to contact us immediately to get your SMS deployed as soon as possible. Alternatively, if your organisation would benefit from an emergency SMS service, contact us to speak with a mobile emergency specialist to ensure that you are prepared, should a disaster occur.